Employment at ECBC
Full-time Technical Support Specialist Associate
Terry McKinney/Ted Rodden/January 2016
Assist in providing technology organization, maintenance, and support across all ministry areas and departments.
This position reports to the Director of Technology.
Work together with the Director of Technology and Assistant Director of Technology to support the technology requirements of all organization entities. Assist employees, leadership, pastors, and ministry associates in implementation of technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via e-mail, phone and other electronic media and on-site.
- Configuration of client’s equipment to connect to the network.
- Configure software to connect to Internet application servers.
- Provide instruction to end-users in the use of system and applications.
- Understanding of Operating Systems (e.g. Windows 7/Windows 10) and application operations related to company offered services.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot computer systems
- Computer imaging
- Maintain inventory and accurate record-keeping
- Ability to diagnosing and repair hardware/software problems (viruses, crash screens, etc.)
- Perform light lifting 25lbs.
Key Performance Indicators
- Technology implementation – creation, timing, and accuracy
- Troubleshooting – timing and accuracy
- Clerical functions – creation, timing, and accuracy
- Training development – creation, timing, and accuracy
- Project management – creation, timing and accuracy
- Assigned tasks – creation, timing, and accuracy
Qualifications and Requirements
- A passionate love for the Lord and a desire to serve in support ministries
- One year certificate from college or technical school or 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess technical expertise in working with computer networks, hardware and software systems
- Ability to influence and instruct diverse groups of people – volunteers, employees, leadership, and ministry associates
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule when technology needs require
- Demonstrate ability regarding discretion and professionalism
- Exhibit excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven success with team work and consensus building
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, outside contractors, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
Job Title: Nursery Caregivers
The ECBC Nursery Department desires to hire Nursery Caregivers to help with various day and evening ministry events. Workers must be at least 15 years of age and must provide previous experience caring for children. The Nursery Department will train each new Caregiver hired. The Nursery Caregiver is to provide care for the overall needs of each child in their classroom. The Nursery Care Giver is an hourly paid position. Adults $10.00 per hour and Teens $8.00 per hour. For more information please contact Sharon Basha or Nikki Alexander.
This position reports directly to the Nursery Director.
Job Title: Strings Instructor
The ECBC Arts Academy desires to hire an instructor for our home school strings classes. Applicants should have a degree in music eduction and have experience teaching beginner and intermediate level string musicians in a group setting. The Home School String Instructor will be paid $7-8 per child per class for a 12 week session.
For more information please contact Mike Doll at 803-322-7366.
Employment at PCA
For employment opportunities and applications at Palmetto Christian Academy please visit palmettochristianacademy.org.
Position Title: Headmaster – Palmetto Christian Academy
Status: Full-time Salaried
Prepared By/Date: PCA Headmaster Search Committee 10/1/15
Approved By/Date: PCA Board of Directors 10/8/15
Preferred Starting Date: 7/1/16
Palmetto Christian Academy (PCA) is a Pre-K through 12th grade covenant Christian school. As a ministry of East Cooper Baptist Church (ECBC), PCA seeks to educate, train, and equip students with the skills necessary to impact the culture for Christ as they are nurtured and inspired toward a personal relationship with Him and to glorify God in everything they do. The headmaster is responsible for leading and insuring the ongoing stability and growth of PCA by effectively executing the vision and mission of the school. The headmaster will accomplish this by developing and cultivating appropriate stakeholder relationships within the school, accreditation organization, church, and local community.
This position reports directly to the PCA Board of Directors, who are appointed by the church’s Board of Elders. The headmaster also sits under the authority of the senior pastor and the Elders at ECBC.
Positions reporting to the headmaster include:
- Upper School Principal
- Lower School Principal
- Preschool Director
- Guidance Counselor
- Director of Development
- Director of Admissions
- Director of Athletics
- Director of Communications
- Administrative Staff
The headmaster will be a person of influence across a broad group of organizational stakeholders.
- Faculty – an advocate of school faculty
- Students – a champion of and Christ-centered model for school students
- Parents – a covenant partner and an open resource for parents
- ACSI – an expert in the area of accreditation standards and guidelines
- Development – a communicator of school vision and financial needs
- Pastoral Staff – an active member of the ECBC staff leadership team
- Church – an active member of ECBC
- Local Community – a respected partner in ministry among local church and Christian school leaders
Roles and Responsibilities
The headmaster at PCA is responsible for pursuing excellence in the following areas and will be evaluated accordingly:
- Spiritual Leadership and Influence
- Academic Programs and Extracurricular Activities
- Administration and Finance
- Strategic Planning
- Communication – the ability to bring information to life
- Belief – the ability to be consistent and committed with Biblical/prayerful focus and direction
- Responsibility – the ability to own a project/process from start to finish
- Activator – the ability to get started
- Maximizer – the ability to identify and apply strengths in others
- Positivity – the ability to inspire and celebrate achievement
- Strategy – the ability to determine and chart the proper course
Overall Qualifications and Requirements
- A committed follower of Christ
- A champion of Christian education
- Demonstrated spiritual leadership and influence
- Master’s Degree or equivalent required
- A doctoral degree preferred
- Demonstrated successful leadership
- Demonstrated success in administration and strategic planning
- Demonstrated successful experience in development
ECBC and PCA are Equal Opportunity Employers; requires that each staff member is a Christian, and encourages all staff to be active members of East Cooper Baptist Church. (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 SEC. 2000e-2 [Section 703]).