The Communications Associate is responsible for contributing to all digital and print communications for ECBC including graphic design, website maintenance, ministry marketing/branding, social media, advertisements, Sunday AM slides, and other communications tasks.
Works directly with the Pastors, Directors and Ministry Associates to meet communications needs. This position reports to the Communications Director.
- Assist the Communications Department with a unified vision and ‘one body many parts’ mentality.
- Gives art direction and counsel to ministry pastors and directors to help market and appeal to target demographics.
- Provides timely, effective, inspiring and innovative communication to both our congregation and visitors.
- Assists in communication for and advertising of ministry events and vision to congregation by branding, designing, or printing, slides, brochures, flyers, posters, website, and other forms of media.
- Helps maintain the ECBC website to ensure quality design, functionality, and accuracy of information.
- Makes efficient use of social media including Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ to communicate to, inspire, and encourage followers.
- Helps manage and supervise the ECBC print/production room.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A passionate love for the LORD and a desire to serve in support ministries.
- Willingness to be a team player and have an ‘all hands on deck’ mentality.
- An associate’s degree or higher in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Multimedia or a related field.
- 1-3 years experience in the field of Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Multimedia or related field, preferably in a leadership role.
- A strong portfolio displaying expert use of core design elements of color, composition, form, space, and typography for print and/or web. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Proficiency in Adobe software including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Mastery of entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic knowledge and experience of printing methods and practice. The terms full-bleed, CMYK/RGB, process/spot color, and finishing are well understood.
- Basic knowledge of web design and website management including basic understanding of HTML / CSS and experience with CMS’s like Wordpress or Joomla.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills. Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects at the same time.
Employment at PCA
For employment opportunities and applications at Palmetto Christian Academy please visit palmettochristianacademy.org.
ECBC and PCA are Equal Opportunity Employers; requires that each staff member is a Christian, and encourages all staff to be active members of East Cooper Baptist Church. (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 SEC. 2000e-2 [Section 703]).