Part-time Church Receptionist
Provide administrative support by handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, and scheduling meetings. Responsibilities require the exercise of independent judgment, technical knowledge of the specific area of assignment and of overall church and Para-church activities.
This position reports to the Director of Facilities & Support Services
Works directly with the Pastors, Directors and others who may require access or communication with their departments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform a wide variety of executive secretarial and administrative duties as required by daily operations in the church’s office.
- Responsible for monitoring and approving room usage requests through management software;
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records and management systems,
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Maintain order and cleanliness in the print room and front desk/lobby area
- Monitor the inventory of office and printing supplies and maintain supplies at adequate level
- Initiate all service calls for any machines requiring service in the printer room
- Exemplary intra-personal skills, including dealing effectively with the church membership and co-workers both in person and over the telephone.
- Responsible for time sheet data entry for ECBC part time staff
- Daily distribute/sort incoming mail
- Maintain a master list of issued security access cards
- Submit information for background checks as requested by ECBC Ministries
- Maintain the insurance approved vehicle drivers list and all components of this process
- Support other ministry areas when requested and time is available
Key Performance Indicators
- Document preparation – timing and accuracy
- Report preparation – creation, timing and accuracy
- Clerical functions – timing and accuracy
- Information requests – timing and accuracy
- Project management – creation, timing and accuracy
- Assigned tasked – creation, timing and accuracy
Qualifications and Requirements
- A passionate love for the Lord and a desire to serve in support ministries
- Individual possessing a minimum of 1 year of experience that has developed skill competencies including correspondence and clerical functions preferred
- Possess technical expertise in clerical functions
- A functional knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated ability regarding discretion and professionalism
- Exhibit excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven success with team work and consensus building
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, church members, representatives of other Para-church organizations and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
The Communications Associate is responsible for contributing to all digital and print communications for ECBC including graphic design, website maintenance, ministry marketing/branding, social media, advertisements, Sunday AM slides, and other communications tasks.
Works directly with the Pastors, Directors and Ministry Associates to meet communications needs. This position reports to the Communications Director.
- Assist the Communications Department with a unified vision and ‘one body many parts’ mentality.
- Gives art direction and counsel to ministry pastors and directors to help market and appeal to target demographics.
- Provides timely, effective, inspiring and innovative communication to both our congregation and visitors.
- Assists in communication for and advertising of ministry events and vision to congregation by branding, designing, or printing, slides, brochures, flyers, posters, website, and other forms of media.
- Helps maintain the ECBC website to ensure quality design, functionality, and accuracy of information.
- Makes efficient use of social media including Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ to communicate to, inspire, and encourage followers.
- Helps manage and supervise the ECBC print/production room.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A passionate love for the LORD and a desire to serve in support ministries.
- Willingness to be a team player and have an ‘all hands on deck’ mentality.
- An associate’s degree or higher in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Multimedia or a related field.
- 1-3 years experience in the field of Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Multimedia or related field, preferably in a leadership role.
- A strong portfolio displaying expert use of core design elements of color, composition, form, space, and typography for print and/or web. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Proficiency in Adobe software including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Mastery of entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic knowledge and experience of printing methods and practice. The terms full-bleed, CMYK/RGB, process/spot color, and finishing are well understood.
- Basic knowledge of web design and website management including basic understanding of HTML / CSS and experience with CMS’s like Wordpress or Joomla.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills. Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects at the same time.
Employment at PCA
For employment opportunities and applications at Palmetto Christian Academy please visit palmettochristianacademy.org.
ECBC and PCA are Equal Opportunity Employers; requires that each staff member is a Christian, and encourages all staff to be active members of East Cooper Baptist Church. (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 SEC. 2000e-2 [Section 703]).