Job Title: Finance Accounting Associate
Status: Full-time Salaried
Prepared By/Date: Rosalind Gillie 8/20/2015
Approved By/Date: Robert McCants 8/20/2015
Responsible for assisting and securing the ongoing stability and growth of the organizational ministries by effectively executing the financial transactions. The incumbent assists in capturing all aspects of the revenue and expense function to ensure that organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs, mission, and strategic plan of the church and its operations.
This position reports to the Director of Finance. Provides interpretations and rationale concerning the organization’s financial process to Executive Staff and other ministry partners.
Works together with the Director of Finance, Director of Administration, Human Resource Manager, and departmental co-workers to build efficient and actionable processes. Assists ministry staff members with the financial transactions of their departmental operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proficiency & Cross Training in the following accounting areas:
- Accounts Payable – Training & Understanding of invoice payments within ECBC Process & Procedures.
- Payroll, taxes, benefits and related transactions – working understanding of payroll procedures.
- Fixed Asset and Inventory Management:
- Tracks purchases of assets for the church and school.
- Enter cost & asset info in accounting software.
- Manages various contracts and lease information.
- Accounts Receivable – Contributions, Banking - Become proficient and cross trained in A/R cycle of Palmetto Christian Academy.
- Posting of all online receipts for church.
- Assist with counting & process of contributions.
- Reconcile daily transactions between bank and ECBC/PCA.
- Provide professional guidance and assistance in the resolution of accounting and financial matters with individual departments.
- Ensure all assets and liability general ledger balances related to accounts payable and payroll transactions are appropriately stated.
- Engage with internal and external audit to provide requested information/data and to ensure reporting and process compliance.
Key Performance Indicators
- Financial transactions - timing and accuracy
- Financial integration between ministry associates
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Qualifications and Requirements
- A passionate love for the Lord and a desire to serve in support ministries
- Bachelor’s Degree not required but a plus
- Individual must possess a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office. Basic website editing and Excel experience a plus
- Exhibit excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Exhibit keen attention to detail
- Works patiently with support staff and team members
Employment at PCA
For employment opportunities and applications at Palmetto Christian Academy please visit palmettochristianacademy.org.
ECBC and PCA are Equal Opportunity Employers; requires that each staff member is a Christian, and encourages all staff to be active members of East Cooper Baptist Church. (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 SEC. 2000e-2 [Section 703]).