Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Technology Director
Status: Exempt/Salaried Full Time
Prepared By/Date: Janine Mikell 12/12/22
Approved By/Date: Michelle Ravan 12/12/22
Provide administrative assistance to the Communications and Technology Directors by assisting in the planning and execution of small and large scale projects, communicating with church staff on database needs, and helping to maintain database and departmental tasks. This position requires the assistant to be available and organized, work excellently with other departments, and in general possess good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support directors in daily, weekly, and monthly tasks that are professionally related.
- Help to manage a project budget and gather quotes and pricing for project needs.
- Plan, manage, and support database projects.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with staff about database updates and needs.
- Provide training for staff as church database needs arise.
- Support other ministry areas when requested and time is available.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Affirm East Cooper Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and commit to exhibit a lifestyle that is consistent
- Willing to become a member of East Cooper Baptist Church
- A passionate love for the Lord and a desire to serve in support ministries
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability regarding discretion and professionalism
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellence in time management, organization, and prioritization.
- Diploma required; Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an Administrative Assistant or other similar position
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Knowledge of Mac iOS Systems a plus
Communication - Demonstrated capacity to inspire, instruct, and encourage through effective communication in various settings. Able to communicate and work within a complex organizational structure with multiple layers of input.
Technology - Able to adapt to new technology and learn new systems.
Collaboration - Collaborate across the organization and with various ministry departments. Strong team player. Ability to integrate multiple perspectives and synthesize them into a cohesive plan.
Detail Oriented & Organizational Skills - Proven skills in organizing, prioritizing, implementing, and managing multiple projects at different stages simultaneously. Shows attention to detail with processes and systems. Solves problems with creativity and minimal input. Able to successfully develop new and better ways to work and promote a continuous improvement mentality.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please complete an online employment application. Upload your resume with a cover letter at the end of the application form.